Job Opportunities at Zen Software
We are currently looking for people to fill the the following role within our company. If you are interested in this role, please get in touch by sending your CV along
with a cover letter to us at our office address
Technical Support Engineer
Our small, highly-skilled team needs two new people to help them continue providing the fast, friendly and expert support upon which our business has built its reputation.
||Dependent on experience/skills (£17,000 to £30,000 as a guide)
||Sandbrook Park, Sandbrook Way, Rochdale, OL11 1RY
||37.5hrs per week (Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm)
||28 days inclusive of bank and public holidays. Additional holidays are also provided to allow us to close the offices over Christmas between 24th December and 1st Jan.
||Coming in 2016
||A profit scheme is in place which is available to employees after 3 years permanent employment with the company
This role encompasses the provision of all levels of technical support and advice via telephone and email to our customer base
and resellers liaising with the software vendors when required to provide appropriate feedback and suggestions.
You will be expected to provide an unparalleled level of support based on a deep knowledge of the products and related
technologies - learning on the job from colleagues, through product testing and reference to other related Internet resources.
Applicants for this position need to enjoy conversing with customers to understand their issues before employing a logical
and methodical approach combined with common sense to efficiently diagnose and explain problems before providing the appropriate solution.
A patient, friendly and enthusiastic approach at all times will be critical and you will need to be clear and confident when handling
phone calls. The ability to produce well written emails, new knowledgebase articles and documentation will also be very important.
You should expect to be handling multiple ongoing issues at any one time - you will need to be able to self-manage
your time and work efficiently and accurately.
Key skills required
- TCP/IP networking;
- Common Email protocols such as SMTP, IMAP and POP3;
- Windows operating systems and Microsoft Outlook;
Additional experience with any of the following would be preferable:-
- Email servers eg. Exchange Server;
- Backup software and hardware including Windows Server Backup and VSS;
- Email archiving software;
- Routers and firewalls;
- Rsync clients and servers;
- SSL/TLS certificates and encryption;
- Management of virtual machines on HyperV/VMWare;
- Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud platforms;
- Any of the products we supply;
Essential character traits
- Ability to learn new software packages quickly and efficiently;
- Remains patient, clear and calm at all times;
- Exercises common sense and a logical thought process when dealing with problems;
- Has good verbal and written communication skills;
- Has a friendly and confident telephone manner;
- Always applies careful attention to detail;
- Doesn't require constant supervision;
- Is self-motivated and happy to learn on the job;
- Has a general interest in computing, technology and IT;
- Is committed to solving customers' problems;
- Is a reliable, consistent and trustworthy person;
Qualifications and experience
- Good English language and grammar;
- Maths and English to a minimum of O/GCSE level;
- Any degree (2.2 or above) or a computing, technology or science based BTEC HND or equivalent;
- Any previous computer or software support role will be useful;
About Zen Software
Zen Software is a successful distributor of Windows based software to customers within the UK and Ireland. These products cover email services, email security, email archiving and server backups and are primarily aimed at small to medium sized enterprises across all sectors. As well as selling direct to organisations we also support significant Partner channels for each of these products.
We are also expanding our own cloud hosted service where we provide managed email servers on behalf of customers within Amazon’s AWS cloud infrastructure.
Zen Software was established in 2000 as an independent off-shoot from Zen Internet and is now based in a suite at Zen Internet’s prestigious HQ in Rochdale, Lancashire.